Our jewelry is designed to last a lifetime. Nevertheless, the are several precautions you'll want to take to prevent tarnish and keep your jewelry looking its best:
- When not being worn, store your jewelry in an enclosed space (e.g. jewelry box).
- Avoid getting your bracelet wet (e.g. don't shower with it on).
- Avoid exposure to chlorine, detergent, or cleaning chemicals.
- Avoid abrasive surfaces that could scratch the plating.
- Polish the silver components periodically.
If your jewelry has already tarnished, please refer to our Tarnish Problems page.
Is it OK to shower in my jewelry?
No. We highly recommend you remove your jewelry when showering, as the water in many households contains trace amounts of sulphur, which will cause your silver to tarnish over time. The chemicals found in common soaps and shampoos can also cause a reaction with your silver.
Is this cheap jewelry?
No. We use very high quality, genuine silver in all of our jewelry. This is one of the reasons that tarnish is even an issue at times. Genuine silver has a unique luster and finish that cannot be replicated by other synthetic metals. However, it does require extra attention and care to keep it looking its best.